What’s in a brand?
The definition of the word “brand” seems to vary depending on the source. Why all the confusion you ask? Well, a company’s brand is comprised of many elements reaching far beyond your company logo, the goals being; recognition, loyalty and growth. Your branding serves as a bridge between your company’s promise, and your customers desires. The more elements you focus on, the stronger your brand. In a nutshell, your brand is what you make it.
The blueprint for building and managing your brand is simple
- Determine what your customers want, and how you plan to deliver.
- Convey a clear message that your customers and employees can identify with.
- Demand quality and consistency of your service, communications, and business procedures
Key focus areas
- your business name
- names you give your products or services
- slogan / brand promise
- your logo
- the style, quality and consistency of your branding/advertising design, stationery, etc.
- product packaging
- your premises
- where and how you advertise
- how you and your employees dress
- how you and your employees behave
- your company website